The INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION FORM is to be used by anyone who will attend as an individual vocalist or instrumentalist. In other words, they are not participating as a member of a mariachi ensemble.
The ENSEMBLE REGISTRATION FORM is to be used if registering as an ensemble.
Online registration is now closed. Please contact us directly to register.
*The above forms may also be printed out and submitted along with a deposit via U.S. Mail to the address below.
Jose Hernandez’ Mariachi Nationals and Summer Institute®
10926 Rush Street, Suite C
South El Monte, CA 91733
2. Registration Fees: (See SPECIAL OFFERS below for Directors)
3. Important Dates
May 1, 2017: $50 Downpayment due in order to guarantee your registration for Mariachi Nationals
July 1, 2017: Deadline for those Vocal Workshop participants wanting to compete at Mariachi Nationals to submit their YouTube video link to
. (See additional details below under #5.)
July 10, 2017: Last day to register and submit payment so that we may prepare materials accordingly. REGISTRATIONS WHICH COME IN AFTER JULY 10 MAY BE ACCEPTED HOWEVER A FULL SET OF MATERIALS MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE. BE SURE TO CALL THE OFFICE AT 626.279.1700 IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.
4. Certificates will be provided to each and every participant. The names AS PROVIDED ON THE REGISTRATION FORM will be the source of the spelling. Reprints are not provided.
5. Participants who want to compete for Best Overall Vocalist must submit a video to be considered for participation in the Finals in California. Please upload your video to YouTube then email the link to Mariachi Nationals at
. The winner in this category will be chosen on August 5, 2017. The deadline date to provide the YouTube link is July 1, 2017. It is highly recommended that you follow-up with a subsequent email to ensure that the link was indeed received. Maestro Hernandez and a panel of judges will review each entry. You will be notified no later than July 15, 2017, if you have been accepted to perform in the Finals for this category. You need not be registered to submit your video, however you must be registered by July 1, 2017 in order for your video to be viewed.
6. Ensembles should be prepared to perform at least one each of the following styles within a 15 minute window. Participants must be registered and attend all classes.
Ranchera (Valseada or Lenta)
Popurris are acceptable.
7. The 15 minute window begins the moment the first ensemble member steps onto the the stage and concludes when the last member exits. All ensemble performances will be timed. Ensembles going over their performance time will not be considered for an award so please plan appropriately (allow for applause, etc.).
8. Directors of ensembles competing at Mariachi Nationals are not permitted to perform with their ensemble.
9. Recommended number of performers in a competing ensemble (as opposed to showcasing ensemble) is fifteen (15).
10. SPECIAL OFFERS:
Special Director Registration Fee: $99.00 Each
Directors who bring a minimum of fifteen (15) participants will have the Director’s Registration Fee waived.
11. Registration fees may be made via check, money order or credit card (call our office directly at 626-279-1700 if you have any questions).
12. Registration fees are non-refundable.
13. T-shirts sizes cannot be changed on site.
14. Classes are open to paid participants and paid Directors only. Parents, siblings and miscellaneous friends and other family members are not permitted in the instructional classrooms.
15. Once registered for a specific level, participants will not be able to change levels as specific materials are ordered accordingly to meet the need of each level.
16. For further information, contact us at 626-279-1700 or via email at