REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Directions: Registration Information
Skip to Bottom of Page for Information on Mariachi Youth Camp for Beginning Students ages 6 through 11.
The INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION FORM is to be used by anyone who will attend as an individual vocalist or instrumentalist. In other words, they are not participating as a member of a mariachi ensemble.
The ENSEMBLE REGISTRATION FORM is to be used if registering as an ensemble.
1. Complete and submit either the INDIVIDUAL or ENSEMBLE REGISTRATION FORM* provided online at your soonest convenience.
*The above forms may also be printed out and submitted along with a deposit via U.S. Mail to the address below.
Jose Hernandez’ Mariachi Nationals and Summer Institute®
10926 Rush Street, Suite C
South El Monte, CA 91733
2. Registration Fees: (See SPECIAL OFFERS below for Directors and Chaperones)
$165.00 Per Person OR...
*****$140.00 Per Person Early Registration***** (Postmark Deadline for Early Registration is June 1, 2013)
3. To guarantee your space, a minimum payment of $50 per participant is recommended by May 15, 2013.
4. The final payment is due no later than June 10, 2013.
5. Certificates will be provided to each and every participant. The names AS PROVIDED ON THE REGISTRATION FORM will be the source of the spelling. Reprints are not provided.
6. Participants who want to compete for Best Overall Vocalist must submit a video to be considered for participation in the Finals in California. Please upload your video to YouTube then email the link to Mariachi Nationals at
. The winner in this category will be chosen the night of Nationals and will be featured performing two selections accompanied by Mariachi Sol de Mexico in their annual concert at the Orange County Fair on Sunday evening. The deadline date to provide the YouTube link is May 15, 2013. It is highly recommended that you follow-up with a subsequent email to ensure that the link was indeed received. Maestro Hernandez and a panel of judges will review each entry. You will be notified no later than June 1, 2013, if you have been accepted to perform in the Finals for this category. You need not be registered to submit your video, however you must be registered by the deadline date of May 15, 2013 in order for your video to be viewed.
7. Ensembles should be prepared to perform at least one each of the following styles within a 15 minute window:
Ranchera (Valseada or Lenta)
Popurris are acceptable.
8. The 15 minute window begins the moment the first ensemble member steps onto the the stage and concludes when the last member exits. All ensemble performances will be timed. Ensembles going over their performance time will not be considered for an award so please plan appropriately (allow for applause, etc.).
9. Directors of ensembles competing at Mariachi Nationals are not permitted to perform with their ensemble.
10. Recommended number of performers in an ensemble (competing as opposed to showcasing) is fifteen (15) for the 2013 Mariachi Nationals.
11. SPECIAL OFFERS:
Special Director/Chaperone Registration Fee: $75.00 Each
Directors who bring a minimum of fifteen (15) participants will have the Director’s Registration Fee waived.
12. Registration fees may be made via check, money order or credit card (call our office directly at 626-279-1700 if you have any questions).
13. Registration fees are non-refundable.
14. For further information, contact us at 626-279-1700 or via email at
Mariachi Youth Camp for Beginning Students ages 6 through 11
*Participants must have had at least one year of playing experience.
9:00 AM - Noon on Thursday and Friday, 10:00 AM - Noon on Saturday
$75.00 Registration for all three (3) days includes the following:
Wahoo's Taco® Night and Mariachi Jam Session at Balboa Pier in Newport Beach
NEW! Mariachi Nationals and Summer Institute® Commemorative T-shirt
West Music Tote Bag and Lanyard
Complimentary Admission to the Orange County Fair
NEW! 1 Ticket to Mariachi Sol de Mexico Show at Orange County Fair
Complimentary Admission to Mariachi Nationals Competition
Beginning Musical Arrangements
Intro to Mariachi Performance Class
Director/Chaperone Registration Fee: $75 Each
Call 626-279-1700 to Register